Spanish Institute for Mediation
Expert in Investment Banking with more than 25 years of experience in domestic and international financial markets. Solid technical and commercial background in all areas of Capital Markets. Deep knowledge in Asset Management and Fund Management Companies. Redesigning and starting new projects has been a main characteristic during my profession.
March 2015-to date: INSTITUTO ESPAÑOL PARA LA MEDIACIÓN (IEM) ASSOCIATE
- Main focus on consultancy and advisory role for financial and commercial disputes.
- Responsible for the development and marketing of new methods for the resolution of different type of conflicts in the financial and banking sectors.
March 2015-to date: ADVISORY
- Involved in structuring, and bidding for different financial and commercial buyout transactions. o Bid for a Spanish Asset Management Co. (Gestora de fondos).
- Bid for a Real State Fund for its ulterior transformation into a SOCIMI (Spanish equivalent of REITS).
- Roadshows before European investors for the purchase of a real state balance sheet of 375mm euros (portfolio which has been launched in the stock exchange as a Socimi).
January 2013- March 2015: AHORRO CORPORACIÓN GESTIÓN, S.G.I.I.C., S.A.
- Ahorro Corporación Gestión, a Fund Management Company belonging to the Spanish Savings Banks and servicing their asset management needs, with over 200 different funds and around 4 Bn of assets under management, had to go through a restructuring/refocusing phase as the Spanish financial system has experienced a contraction.
- Chief Executive
- Reporting to the Board of Directors, as the highest executive at the Company.
February 2005-January 2013 AHORRO CORPORACIÓN FINANCIERA, S.V., S.A.
- Head of Capital Markets running a team of 20 people from different areas.
- One of the stars of the Capital Markets, has been the structuring of a 200 Bn Covered Bond program (AyT Cedulas Hipotecarias).
- Also originating capital market transactions for financial institutions, corporates and Public Sector.
July 1997-February 2005 AHORRO CORPORACION FINANCIERA S.V., S.A. Director
- Responsible for Sales Fixed Income and Structured products.
- Marketing to non-domestic investors.
September 1995-July 1997 CREDIT SUISSE (Spanish branch) Full branch Credit Suisse Zurich (subsequently full branch Credit Suisse First Boston).
July 1988-September 1995 CHASE MANHATTAN (Spanish branch) Director, Foreign Exchange and OTC products. November 1987-July 1988 MANUFACTURERS HANOVER TRUST LTD (LONDON) Syndicated Loan Department 1986-1987 MANUFACTURERS HANOVER TRUST LTD (NEW YORK) Spain and Portugal Desk.
- Board Member of Adonay S.L.
- Board Member of the EEE Somosaguas.
- Founder of Caballo Amigo Foundation, non-profit organization dedicated to equitherapy and equestrian sports for mentally and physically handicapped people (www.caballoamigo.org).
- Board Member at Ahorro y Titulización (Securitization Management Co.)
- Executive Committee Ahorro Corporación Financiera S.V.
- Member of Senior Management Credit Suisse
Industries and Services
- Business Development & Internationalization
- Board & Corporate Governance
- Western Europe
- North America
- Central America & Mexico
- Economics (quantitative analysis), University Complutense Madrid (UCM)